For today’s Journal Prompt, I am going to share an exercise which I adapted from Wayne Dyer called “The Last 5 Minutes”. Each night before I go to sleep, I take about 5 minutes to think about the following things:
- 5 Things for which I am Grateful Today – These things can be big or small, simple or complex. What matters most is that you take the time to reflect on the gifts in your life.
- 4 Ways I was Curious Today – These things can include curiosity with yourself, others, things and life in general.
- 3 Things I am Looking Forward to in the Near Future – I usually look forward a few weeks and pick out the things that jump out.
- 2 Ways I Stepped Outside My Comfort Zone Today – Where were you vulnerable? Where did you try something new?
- 1 Dream I have for my Life – Lastly, what are your big dreams? As wild as they may seem, think about one thing each night as the last thing you do before you go to sleep.
When you stay out of your logical mind and connect with your heart and your intuition, this practice sets you up for a great night sleep and perhaps even a new way of dreaming while you sleep!
Feel free to comment below, your learning may be the one thing someone else needs to move them forward.